Newell’s 2017 season was highlighted by making the finals in the pre-Olympic sprint event in PyeonChang. Finishing as the top American, Newell solidified his status as a medal hopeful in the Olympic Sprint event for the 2018 Games.
Andy is a dedicated advocate for spreading climate change awareness, even starting his own organization Athletes for Action in 2013. He has partnered with the nonprofit Protect Our Winters and often speaks on the issues surrounding climate change.
- U.S. Olympic Team: 2006, 2010, 2014
- 5-Time National Champion
- World Cup Podiums: 3
- 4th overall: Sprint World Cup, 2010
- 5th: World Championships, 2007
- 6th: World Cup PyeongChang, 2017
- Born: November 30, 1983
- Resides: Shaftsbury, VT
- Years on the U.S. Ski Team: 13
- Club: Stratton Mountain School